CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 13, 2014

Mini Moments

1. Naomi says the cutest things. The other night she was snuggling up to Jake and could hear his heart "beeping" and they had a conversation that went like this:
 Naomi: "Dad, I think it's Jesus trying to talk to you."
Jake: "Oh really?! What do you think He's trying to tell me?"
Naomi: "That you need to tell Dekker he should be nice to his sister!"

2. She loves us all so much. Lately Naomi has been hit by the love bug. She is always telling us she loves us. Lists us and her love for us in prayers, is sad if she's still asleep when Jake leaves for work and doesn't get a kiss goodbye, and even when she's mad at me for not letting her do/have something she'll yell or get mad, but then say, "But I still love you Mom".

3. Fascination with nature. Every morning Naomi goes outside to check on our flowers and plants. Especially our strawberry plants. She loves finding new white flowers or ripe strawberries. And she loves finding and catching ants, lady bugs, rolly pollies, etc. I'm trying to encourage all of this as much as possible by having her help in the garden, and I bought an apple tree, a peach tree, blueberry plant and grape start all to keep her interested. I'm guessing the blueberry plant and grapes won't do so well, even though they are "harty versions for my zone", but it's worth a go.

1 comments:

Chris said...

Treasure these memories! I'm so glad you are writing them down!